This unique course is presented and written by the well-known O’Reilly book Author Benjamin Evans, and adapted from the brand new O’Reilly book of the same name. This 2-day course is designed for intermediate, advanced and expert Java developers who want to learn the detailed how and why of Java performance and how to diagnose and correct performance problems in a systematic and scientific way.
* To diagnose and fix Java application performance problems
* To understand the underlying architecture of the JVM and some internals
* To understand the causes of common performance problems
* To avoid common misconceptions and traps when performance tuning Java applications
* To gain a basic familiarity with common Java performance tools
Ideally suited for more senior Java developers / architects (with 4+ years of experience). Not suitable for beginners (those with less than 2 years’ experience). Also suitable for Scala (and other JVM language) developers.
* Proficiency in Java development
* A working knowledge of the Java runtime environment
– Java collections
– Immutable objects
Profiling (and Microbenchmarking)
The Future: Java 9 and beyond