The field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) continues to grow very quickly, as techniques which have been proposed over decades are finally being shown to work. Milestones and grand challenges are being achieved. There is no prospect of AI growth slowing in the coming decades. Business leaders need to know how to strategise, envision projects, and hire and manage teams, without needing to become programmers. This 1-year online programme, designed by NUI Galway, is aimed at candidates who are currently employed in industry in Ireland, in management roles. It will also be suitable for candidates who are transitioning to a management role. Although the programme will equip graduates with broad understanding of AI techniques, it will not require them to learn programming or mathematics to succeed. Instead, it will focus on understanding AI at a more strategic and practical level:
- What techniques are available?
- How can a particular technique add value for my company?
- What data is needed?
- What skills do my team need?
- How do I track project progress?
- What are the legal issues for my company and what are the implications for society
Closing Date for Applications: 26th August 2022 For more information or to apply send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The course is fully online, running over two semesters. Asynchronous delivery will be used to suit business leaders’ schedules. Delivered through videos, readings, exercises, discussion boards, group work, and more, with optional synchronous video sessions. Students will deliver multiple assessment items over the year, with limited use of exams. Students will customise projects to opportunities in their own companies.
The programme is divided into two themes:
- • AI Fundamentals (15 ECTS)
- • AI in Business and Society (15 ECTS)
These two themes are each implemented as a block of three modules, and each module is worth 5 ECTS. The overall structure is as follows:
SEMESTER 1 (September – December):
- Introduction to AI
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- AI Strategy and Transformation
SEMESTER 2 (January – May):
- Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Ethics and Law for AI
- Future of AI
This course is targeted at those working in industry in Ireland at an appropriate level (management or transitioning to management) who want to deepen their skills in Artificial Intelligence to enable them to implement it across enterprise functions. Strong Level-8 undergraduate, not necessarily in computer science. (Work experience may be considered as an alternative.) Candidates must be EU/EEA nationals or working in Ireland on an Irish Employment Permit
- • Have a broad, practical grounding in the field of AI;
- • Be able to work with data to achieve insight;
- • Discuss recent examples of commercial applications of AI, including potential benefits and limitations;
- • Know how to lead AI transformation in the organisation;
- • Have the ability to lead strategic decision-making in relation to adoption of new AI technologies;
- • Have an awareness of the legal and ethical issues arising in commercial applications of AI
The field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) continues to grow very quickly, as techniques which have been proposed over decades are finally being shown to work. Business leaders need to know how to strategise, envision projects, and hire and manage teams, without needing to become programmers.
AI for Managers Post Graduate Level 9 Certificate will commence September 2022
Duration: 1 academic year with NUI Galway (no technical experience required)
itag member price: €2,995 non-members: € 4,950
Closing Date for Applications: 26th August 2022 Apply: send you CV to email@example.com